The more affordable Apple Watch option
The Apple Watch Sport is cheaper than the Apple Watch but is well built, looks stylish and loaded with app possibilities. If you purchase knowing it’s an extension of the iPhone rather than a stand alone device you’ll be delighted because when synced there is no limits. Yet if you don’t have an iPhone to sync with don’t purchase. You’ll be left underwhelmed and with the dilemma of either buying an iPhone or taking this smart watch back. HeyTC gives this wearable a fantastic 4.5 out of 5.
The Top Questions for the Apple Watch Sport:
What is different between the Apple Watch and Apple Watch Sport?
The main difference between Apple Watch types is the strap build material. The Apple Sport Watch band is silicone, making it more suitable as a fitness watch. Additionally the screens are made of different materials. The actual technology however in both smart watches is identical. So you won’t be missing out on apps or features if you buy either version of this wearable technology.
Does this wearable track sleep?
Neither Apple Watch tracks sleep by default. There may be apps that can be downloaded that solve this need in the future.
Do I need my smart phone to listen to music?
One of the best features about the Apple Watch Sport is that you can store music by syncing the watch to your phone. This still means you need an iPhone to sync audio but once done you can leave your phone at home and listen to music directly from the smart watch. The Apple Watch has 8gb of internal storage.
Can I answer calls via this Smart Watch?
Yes you can. As long as your connected iPhone is in Bluetooth range you can answer and make calls. Apple watches have a speaker and microphone built in.
Where can I find the official video for the watch?
Is the Apple Watch Sport on sale at Amazon.com?
Right now you can buy the Apple Watch Sport for less than $400 on Amazon.
I prefer to wear my watch on my left wrist. Is there a setting for orientation?
During set up your apple watch will ask you which wrist do you intend on wearing your device on. When wearing the watch left handed the button position will be reversed, that means the digital crown will be on the “bottom” and the side button on the “top” this will not affect the way the watch works.
When doing exercise do I need my smart phone to track activity or workouts?
The Apple Watch Sport has both the ability to track activities and workouts via its numerous apps. It tracks your distance and calories without your phone. It even sets goals for you to reach and you can keep updated varying on the settings you have. For example you can set a daily goal and the apps would tell you how long you’ve stood, walked, and exercised to meet that goal.
Is the Apple Watch Sport compatible with an Android Smart Phone?
No. If you don’t have an iPhone this smart watch is not for you.
Can I swap out bands easily on the Apple Watch Sport?
Yes. You can buy official and third party bands, all of which are very easy to change.
Is this wearable waterproof?
No. Don’t even go in the shower with it. It is only water resistant. Which means you can get splashed or wash your hands, but don’t go swimming with it on.
Does the Apple Watch Sport come with a charger?
Yes. No additional accessories are needed to get the smart watch charged and on your wrist.
Can I set push notifications to my Apple Watch Sport?
Yes. You can set your watch to receive many different notifications. You have to set it up through the Watch App on your iPhone. This means calls, messages, emails and social updates can be notified on your watch rather than or in addition to your iPhone.
Can the Smart Watch be charged via USB?
Yes, it can be charged via any wall outlet or any USB port. The end of the charge cable is the same as the iPhones and iPads. It’s a USB cable that plugs into an outlet jack or can be inserted into any USB port on a computer.
Where can I find an unboxing video for the Apple Watch Sport?
What can I receive via the watch if my iPhone is connected?
The Apple Watch is an extension of your iPhone. Email, text and phone calls can be sent and received. You will also receive any set-up notifications via the watch. Including social media alerts and updates.
Is it like an iPhone or iPad to use?
No. All smart watches are more extensions of smart phones rather than a stand alone device. The Apple Watch Sport is not meant to be bought alone. It’s an iPhone extension with limited functionality when its not paired.
How long is the battery life on the Apple Watch Sport?
Apple say it lasts 18 hours but this depends on the apps you’re using. Some users have said they have had to charge twice per day however.
What is the big deal about smart watches?
A smart watch is all about convenience. For most having a phone sitting out all the time isn’t feasible especially at work so a smart watch is more accessible at any time of the day.
How good is the Apple Watch Sport at tracking cycling, walking and GPS?
With an iPhone the map works really well. You will need to have your iPhone with you and start an Outdoor Cycle workout on your watch. You may also want to run a 3rd party iPhone app for more cycle tracking. One negative is that the Apple Watch only counts steps when the arm is free to swing, so if you’re pushing a shopping cart for example steps won’t be tracked.
Why is this wearable one of the best smart watches available?
- This dependable and versatile wearable gadget helps you organize your daily activities efficiently and achieve your full potential.
- The unisex watch is a virtual wrist-worn assistant. With this on your wrist, you can receive and make calls, dictate text messages and send them to your friends or colleagues, call a taxi, browse through plenty of apps, and even track your fitness activity – all this without the need to even take your smartphone out.
- The Digital Crown on the Apple Watch Sport, visually resembling the analogue winding mechanism on the mechanical watches, helps you swipe through app icons on the 42mm Ion-X OLED Retina display, while the side button gives you an easy access to your preferred contacts.
- The unique Taptic Engine is designed to give you delicate and fully customizable nudges when you get a notification.
- With up to 18 hours of battery life, the Apple smart watch is always there when you need it during your daily routine.
Where can I find a video review of the Apple Watch Sport?
What are the main Pros and Cons of the Apple Watch Sport?
- It’s an affordable, comfortable and stylish Apple product.
- The device is well built and sturdy making it ideal for life on the move.
- The smart watch has a bright, large and easy to view screen.
- You can store music on the device.
- You can make calls and send messages via the smart watch.
- An impressive line up of 3rd party apps and fashionable bands.
- You’ll need to charge daily.
- Water resistant not waterproof.
- It’s still an extension of the iPhone rather than a true stand alone wearable.
Other smart watches you may like?