Not just a watch, it’s Huawei!
The Huawei Watch is built for Android Wear so iPhone users look away now unless you want limited functionality. It being Android Wear means you’ll have access to countless apps covering every possible scenario. The question we ask is “what is it you want from a smart watch?” If like us you want style and precision above all else then the Huawei is King. Everything from it’s luxurious box to the Sapphire Crystal screen screams quality, this is the type of gift you give someone you love. Nothing is ever perfect but when it looks this good you can’t help but feel cool wearing it. HeyTC gives the Huawei Watch a maximum 5 out of 5.
The Top Questions for the Huawei Watch:
How good is this smart watch when paired with an iPhone?
The truthful answer is the Huawei Watch, like any Android Smart Watch is poor when paired with an iPhone. It lacks much of the functionality and almost makes having a Smart Watch worthless. For starters when paired with an iPhone the watch cannot pick up WiFi, limited to the gmail app for two-way interaction, you cannot reply to text or iMessage and are mostly limited to just reading or dismissing. Simply put the documentation may say it’s compatible with Android 4.3 or higher and iOS 8.2 or higher but there are better options to pair with iPhone.
Does the Huawei have a speaker?
The Smart Watch has an internal speaker that now, after the Android Marshmallow update can be used to output music, voice and other audio. Compatibility is limited for now but as Android Wear apps are released to take advantage of this speaker the more use you’ll find it having – especially considering it’s not bad quality and moderately loud.
With most Smart Watches the text is hard to read, how is it on this?
The screen is crystal clear. It has a high resolution for a Smart Watch and a wonderful AMOLED display, which means clarity. However if you are visually impaired the brightness can be increased and font size changed for more usability.
Where can I find the official video for the watch?
Is the Huawei Watch on sale at Amazon.com?
Right now you can buy the Huawei for less than $320 on Amazon.
Can I put music on this watch and listen without needing my phone?
Yes. Yet you’ll need to subscribe to Google Play Music and store the downloads for offline use. This means your songs will be on the Smart Watch ready for use. The Huawei Watch has an impressive 8gb of internal storage for apps and files.
Would I need to put a screen protector over the Sapphire Glass screen?
With such an expensive and beautiful watch you may think about using a screen protector but the sapphire glass is incredibly strong. In testing we’ve been unable to scratch the screen using common household items. We’re sure you can but so far its impressively strong.
Can I answer calls on this watch?
With the latest Android update the Huawei Watch now has speaker access. This means if your watch and phone are paired then incoming calls can be answered and conversations carried out via the watch. We still prefer a Bluetooth headset or Smart Phone for calls however, it’s more private than having a call over a loud speaker.
Can I reply to messages on this watch?
Yes. You can reply via text by using the voice-to-text apps or voice command contacts to be called. You can also use pre-set responses to incoming messages via specific apps.
Is it easy to pair the watch and a Bluetooth headset to my Android Smart Phone?
Yes, you should be able to connect your Huawei Watch and Bluetooth headset to your device at the same time. To pair your Huawei Watch and Bluetooth headset, you must first make them discoverable and then pair the device in the Bluetooth settings of your phone.
How big is the Bluetooth range between watch and phone?
The distance between paired Bluetooth items is approximately 25 feet before connection is lost. With WiFi it must be on a connected network which the Watch and Smart Phone are paired on. The range of WiFi varies but could be anything up to 200ft.
How long would the battery last if the screen was set to always on?
You get at least a day with those parameters.
Where can I find an unboxing video for the Huawei Watch?
Would I be able to wear this at the gym?
Yes. The Huawei Watch is water resistant. This means sweat, heavy rain and other situational contact with water is fine, not including showers. You should not submerge this watch under water. If you want a watch for the gym you may be better off using a Fitbit Blaze as the Huawei isn’t something you’d want to damage.
Can I remote control my smart phones camera via the watch?
Yes. As the watch uses Android Wear you’ll have access to a massive library of apps. You’ll find everything from streaming your security camera footage to your wrist all the way to reminders that will make you get up and move about every hour.
Why is this wearable one of the best watches available?
- 1.4″ full circle AMOLED display with a scratch resistant sapphire crystal and stainless steel body
- Compatible with most devices with an iOS 8.2 (limited functionality) or Android 4.3 or later operating system
- Get notifications and alerts for calls, texts, and apps with over 4000 Android Wear apps to choose from
- A variety of pre-installed watch faces and easily swappable bands for your own unique style
- Accurate fitness tracking with enhanced heart rate monitor and sensors to track running, walking, and more
Where can I find a video review of the Huawei Watch?
What are the main Pros and Cons of the Huawei Watch?
- The most aesthetically pleasing smart watch on the market. It makes other watches look cheap in comparison.
- You can feel the build quality and production value. Especially the high quality sapphire crystal screen.
- The gyroscope is very sensitive, perfect for the wrist turn activation.
- An AMOLED display making the watch faces feel vibrant, bright and clear. The best of any Android Wear Smart Watch available.
- Fantastic performance in terms or usability and speed.
- Android Wear app marketplace and some very nice out-of-the-box fitness tracking.
- It’s expensive compared to other Android smart watches.
- Battery life is a little on the short side and charging can be a little hit and miss when placing the watch on the puck.
- Might be a little thick if you have a thin arm.