The second Best Android Wearable Available!
The LG Urbane 2 ticks all the boxes. It’s stylish, it’s durable, it’s battery life is second only to the Pebble and it has a good ecosystem of apps via Android Wear. At under $250 this smart watch has everything. The lack of an ambient light sensor sometimes made the screen hard to see but that is honestly our only negative compared to similar priced watches. This is easily one of the best Android smart watches available. HeyTC gives this wearable a fantastic 4.5 out of 5.
The Top Questions for the watch:
Can I receive calls on this watch?
Yes. When you get a call the watch notifies you. This could be the callers name or callers name and picture if you have a picture in your smart phones contact list. You can then use the watch to accept or reject the call by swiping. If you accept it then you must use your paired smart phone or a connected Bluetooth headset to talk with the caller.
Can this Android Watch connect to an iPhone?
You can connect the LG Urbane 2 to an iPhone but it will have limited functionality. For full functionality you will need an Android phone. Limited functionality includes no third-party software. This means no faces beyond what comes with it. This means no third party apps through the Play Store. You can, however, side load apps if you have access to the source.
Do I need my smart phone to listen to music while going for a run?
The watch uses Google Play music or the Music app from your cellphone. The advantage of Google Play music is that you can download songs that you have bought from Google store, directly to your watch, and if you use bluetooth headphones, you can listen to your music without the need of your cellphone.
Can I set the heart rate monitor to be continuous?
Yes. Once you start the monitor it will continuously run in the background until you go back in and shut it down.
Where can I find the official video for the watch?
Is the LG Urbane 2nd Edition on sale at Amazon.com?
Right now you can buy the LG Urbane 2nd Edition Smart Watch for $239 on Amazon.
Does this smart watch have WiFi connectivity?
Yes it does. This means once you connect to your phone during the set-up you’ll be able to get notifications even if you are away from your phone. Obviously this means your watch and phone will need to be in WiFi areas. This doesn’t mean you’ll be surfing the web however.
Does this wearable have sleep tracking?
The LG Urbane doesn’t come with sleep tracking out the box. However you do have access to the Android Wear ecosystem of apps where you can download ‘Sleep with Android’ for a small price.
How do alarms work if there is no speaker on the watch?
For any notifications or alarms the watch will vibrate. The vibration is very effective in waking up anyone wearing the smart watch, however if you plan to charge while asleep the vibration is obviously no substitute for a day to day alarm.
Is this watch water proof?
The LG Urbane 2 is water resistant to 3 ft up to 30 minutes but many reviewers state that their watch was ruined when submerged in water. We suggest not wearing it while swimming or in the shower.
When receiving an email will it show the subject line?
Yes, when receiving an email the display shows the subject line. You can even press the notification and read the whole email.
Can I do voice-to-text messaging?
Yes you can voice to text as it has voice dictation built in. There are also messaging apps you can use with different keyboards and you can pre-set any message from your phone that can be used on the smart watch.
Does this smart watch have GPS?
Your GPS will only be tracked if paired with a phone. This means you’ll need your phone with you during runs and cycling to keep an accurate measurement of distance and route.
Where can I find an unboxing video for the watch?
Would I need to buy a screen protector for this?
Its not necessary, but as in cellphones it will add a protection layer if you want it to last longer unscratched.
Is this a smart watch I can show off with?
It looks fantastic. You can change the face of the watch, many faces have different settings including brightness. You could even disable movie mode so that the screen is bright except when your arm is down by your side.
Why is this wearable one of the best smart watches available?
- 1.3″ Full Circle P-OLED Display with Gorilla Glass 3
- Fully compatible with most devices with an Android 4.3 or later operating system
- Fitness Integration with Built-In Continuous Heart Rate Monitor and syncs with sensors and applications for real time health and fitness data
- Environmental Biosensors – detects and tracks Barometric Pressure, Gyroscopic Movements, Accelerometer, Geomagnetic Sensor, PPG Heart Rate Monitor
- Music Streaming – stream music stored in the internal memory to a compatible Bluetooth device.
Where can I find a video review of the watch?
What are the main Pros and Cons of the watch?
- This wearable has a fantastic battery life, a single charge can last around 2 full days.
- The device feels well built and sturdy making it ideal for fitness.
- Due to the WIFI connectivity, it’s possible to perform tasks even if I accidentally leave my phone on my desk.
- Easy to navigate menus making it easier to use without voice commands.
- The smart watch can connect to iPhones albeit with limited support.
- The strap isn’t the best, functional but sometimes uncomfortable.
- The brightness needed to be changed based on the environment we were in.
- There is no built in GPS to map runs and bike rides making the device often reliant on smart phones.