The Smart Phone extension for your Wrist
The Motorolo Moto 360 2nd Gen isn’t trying to be everything for everyone. Its focused on streamlining your mobile life and delivering the information that matters conveniently to your wrist. This might be true for all smart watches but at least Motorolo are marketing it exactly for what it is. As a consumer you know what the Moto 360 2nd Gen is. An extension of your smart phone and even if the features aren’t fresh or ground breaking the fact this smart watch has no smoke and mirrors is refreshing. HeyTC give this wearable a great 3.5 out of 5 rating.
The Top Questions for the Moto 360 2nd Gen Watch:
Can I receive calls and texts on this watch?
You can receive texts and voice-to-text message back or use pre-set replies via apps. You can also answer / decline calls or begin a call via the smart watch. You cannot however conduct a conversation via the watch.
Does this watch use WiFi?
The Moto 360 2nd Gen does have WiFi but needs to be paired with a smart phone to make full use of it. This doesn’t mean you can surf the web but once the watch is connected to the same WIFI network as the paired phone, all the notifications will be synchronized with no need to Bluetooth.
How well does the heart rate monitor work?
It is good, but not great. When compared to something like the Samsung Gear S2 it doesn’t perform as well but results are accurate within 5%.
Is it worth buying if I have an iPhone 6?
This smart watch works fine with the iPhone. It’s limited in use though like all Android Watch and Smart Phone device combinations.
Where can I find the official video for the watch?
Is the Moto 360 2nd Edition on sale at Amazon.com?
Right now you can buy the Motorolo Moto 360 2nd Gen Smart Watch for $275 on Amazon.
Does this watch have WiFi connectivity?
Yes it does. This means once you connect to your phone during the set-up you’ll be able to get notifications even if you are away from your phone. Obviously this means your watch and phone will need to be in WiFi areas.
Can this watch display dual time zones?
Yes it can. What you need to do is scroll down and choose the time zone you would like to display. You can choose two different time zones to be displayed simultaneously. One on the left and one on the right. The two buttons (left and right) logically correspond to the dials on your watch.
Does the watch have GPS?
The watch doesn’t have GPS but once it’s paired with a smart phone. Also there’s an app for Moto 360 that records your miles/pace. Although I do not recommend running with the 360 because sweat may cause rust on metal parts and it might affect electronics. You may try the Moto 360 Sports though.
Is this watch water proof?
The Moto 360 is water resistant only. This means it can sustain sweat and rain. It is water resistant up to 1 meter of fresh water for up to 30 minutes but not recommended. The leather band is also only water resistant. Please don’t swim, dive or engage in water activities while wearing the watch.
Will this watch display my visual voice-mails from my phone?
If you have set-up visual voice-mails on your phone they will be shown on the Moto 360 2nd Gen Smart Watch. These are shown via Google Hangouts.
Can I do voice-to-text messaging?
Yes you can voice to text as it has voice dictation built in. There are also messaging apps you can use with different keyboards and you can pre-set any message from your phone that can be used on the smart watch.
Does this smart watch have GPS?
Your GPS will only be tracked if paired with a phone. This means you’ll need your phone with you during runs and cycling to keep an accurate measurement of distance and route.
Where can I find an unboxing video for this watch?
Does the watch come with a charger?
The watch comes with a dock that plugs into the wall. The watch sits in the dock and charges wirelessly.
Can the face of the watch be swapped to digital?
Yes. All you have to do is download one you like. To do this go to the apps and swap to whatever face you want.
Does it count steps or nudge you if you’re sitting for a while?
It does count steps but it is not very accurate. It does not remind you to get up and move if you’ve been sitting for a long time, but there are apps which can be used to set-up regular notifications so you know to get up and move.
What do Motorolo say about this watch?
- The new Moto 360 streamlines your mobile life by delivering the information that matters to you.
- Stay connected and up to date by getting messages, news, weather, and more without constantly having to check your phone.
- Men’s and women’s collections: Choose from modern designs made specifically for men or women, each one precision-crafted and built to last.
- Classic round design: With edge-to-edge glass and an exceptionally thin bezel, you see more all the way around.
- Quick-release bands for Moto 360 (2nd Gen) are designed to be swapped in seconds
- Moto Body fitness tracker: Keep fit by tracking your steps, calories, and heart rate right from your wrist.
Where can I find a video review of this watch?
What are the main Pros and Cons of the Moto 360 2nd Gen Watch?
- A classic look that looks even better when a text message or Facebook notification pops up.
- A smart phone you can browse the net on.
- Fantastic apps that make this a strong fitness smart watch.
- The device is well built and sturdy making it ideal for life on the move.
- The smart watch looks elegant and stylish. It also has great functionality right out the box.
- The wearable isn’t waterproof so swimming cannot be tracked.
- There is no built in GPS to map runs and bike rides making the device often reliant on smart phones.
- You can’t make phone calls with it.