For everyone on the fence about buying a dashcam
It is not until you have an insurance claim against you, for an act that wasn’t your fault that the value of a dash mounted camera becomes obvious. Not only can it save you from unwarranted points on your license, it can save you from nasty price hikes in insurance and fines. Find out more about the FalconZero DashCam below.
The Top Questions for the FalconZero DashCam?
What is included in the box?
Within the box you get the F170HD+ Digital Video Recorder, a 32GB microSD, a Windshield Mount, 11 feet Power Cable, Cord Route Management Clips, Data Cable, DashCam Viewer GPS Software, 3 Port USB Car Charger and Manual.
What is the difference between the HD+ model and the standard F170?
The F170+ adds a few new interface features, improved GPS software, and an upgraded USB car charger. They both share the same WDR, HDR, 6 Glass Lens, Superior Night Mode and Full HD 1080p recording.
Do you have to turn on motion detection?
Yes, you do. There is no automatic switch for the camera to work while parked. For motion detection to work the movement must be within 10ft and the dashcam powered and in standby mode.
Can I use the dashcam without attaching the GPS?
Yes, the GPS is totally optional. You can opt to not connect the GPS or connect and then disable via settings. If the GPS is disabled or not connected you will not get your route mapped out on Google or Bing Maps.
Where can I find a review for the FalconZero DashCam?
Where do I attach this dashcam?
The FalconZero dashcam is mounted onto the windshield for the best possible visibility. There is a suction cup mount that is connected to a brace. The suction cup mount is robust, with only extreme temperatures or road surface unevenness causing wobbles or drops.
How long does the battery typically last?
The FalconZero dashcam is not battery powered. It needs to be connected to your car for it to work.
Will this cause excessive drain on my car’s battery?
Not really, while your ignition is on it runs off the alternator, not the battery. If your car is parked it will run in standby mode from the battery, but during these periods it’s best to set the camera to motion detection mode and limit the amount of recording.
Does this save files whenever there is a motion?
Yes, it does. You can define how sensitive the motion can be and how long the camera should record for after the motion. If there is an impact the file will be locked, so that it cannot be overwritten. There is also an option to save footage on command, by simply pressing a button.
What is the video format?
The footage is captured in MOV format and can be moved to a PC or Mac via the USB charging wire.
How long does 32gb card last blocks before the file gets deleted?
If recording at 1080p resolution, you can capture roughly 320x 3-minute clips before filling the 32gb micro-SD card. The older files will be recorded over first with locked files being kept until you confirm their deletion.
Where can I find an official video of the FalconZero F170HD+?
What size is the viewing screen?
The viewing screen on the FalconZero Dashcam is 2.7″. To turn it off you can go to the settings, then screensaver, if you change the option to 2 minutes the LCD will shut down shortly after each time the dashcam is turned on.
Does the dashcam record audio?
Yes, it can record the audio in the car. The mic can be turned off via the settings.
What’s the USB for?
The USB cabling is for power or transferring files to a computer if you do not have a micro-SD card slot. The older F170 came with mini-USB, the newer dashcams come with micro-USB.
What do FalconZero say about their DashCam?
- FULL HD 1920×1080 Recording at 30 fps, Begins Recording as Soon as Car Moves
- Motion Detection Recording When Parked, Super Wide 170 Degree Angle of Recording View
- Loop Interval Recording to micro SD Card, 32GB Class 10 SD Card Included,
- f/2.0 Six-Glass Lens with Night-Vision, WDR Enhanced Image Quality, HD Photo Capture Mode, GPS Location & Speed Recording
- Unparalleled USA Lifetime Customer Support, And Backed By Our 5 Year Hassle-Free Warranty
Where can I find an unboxing and installation video for the FalconZero F170HD+?
What are the Pros and Cons of this dashcam?
- Watch your route while watching the drive via the included GPS software.
- The video files auto-lock if there was an impact detected, this stops any accidental overwriting.
- You can tag vehicles using the number plate input on the camera.
- Motion detection mode, night mode, and continued recording and stills are all available.
- Should have built-in GPS, it can get messy with all the wires.
- Windscreen mounted so it’s visible from the outside which is a concern as some may take offence to being on camera.