Is the Session a perfect one button solution to action recording?
Has GoPro gone in the right direction with their Session camera? This small, one button solution to action recording is novel, but is it good enough in a competitive market? To find out more check out the top questions, videos and review below.
The Top Questions for the GoPro Hero Session?
What is the difference between the GoPro Hero4 Session and the GoPro Hero Session?
The Hero4 Session and Hero Session are identical cameras. The only difference is a name change, price point and the removal of all accessories except the standard frame mount. Without these accessories, the price has dropped from $399 to $199 making it far more attractive to consumers.
Why did GoPro remove the ball joint buckle from the packaging?
When the GoPro Hero4 Sessions first released there was a lot of negativity regarding its $399 price point. So GoPro removed some of the accessories and tried to bring it down to a more consumer-friendly price, which it did at $199. All accessories are now optional, and available from GoPro.
Can you view the video being recorded?
No. The Hero Session camera does not have a display but it can sync to a smart device via a GoPro app, a computer or TV if you have the appropriate cables. Via this app, you can view the footage being captured in real time but there is a slight delay and it often lags.
Where can I find the official GoPro Hero Session video?
Is it waterproof
Yes, it is. The GoPro Sessions camera can go up to 10m/33ft underwater right out of the box. The only caveat is that any wireless connectivity to your phone or WiFi will not work underwater.
Can it be turned on remotely from a smart device?
Via the app, you can turn the GoPro camera on or off. However, we recommend not having your wireless connection always on as it will drain the battery significantly quicker.
Can it take still pictures?
Yes, it can. You can take 8-megapixel stills or 5mp statics are part of a time-lapse series. We don’t recommend buying the GoPro Hero Sessions for static photography however, there are far better options on the market.
Can it upload photos or video to social media through WiFi?
Yes, it can, you just need to sync the GoPro Hero Sessions camera to the app to find the options to upload.
How long does the battery last?
The battery lasts for around 1.5 hours of continuous filming if streaming wirelessly to a smartphone. With the wireless connectivity set to off, you can expect to get 2.5 hours of battery life.
Can the GoPro Hero Session be charged with a portable charger?
Yes, it can, but make sure the charger is capable of 5.0V or 5.1V and 850mA to 1000mA. Most charges from Android smartphones work phone.
Where can I find a GoPro Hero Sessions unboxing video?
What comes in the retail box?
You get the following items in the retail box from Amazon.
– HERO Session Camera
– The Standard Frame
– Curved Adhesive Mount
– Flat Adhesive Mount
– Mounting Buckle + Hardware
– Micro-USB Cable
Does it come with any built in storage?
No, it doesn’t. You will need to buy the micro-SD card. GoPro says that this camera can support up microSD cards up to 128gb in size.
Can this be connected to a selfie stick?
Yes, it can if you buy the proper adapter. To use with a selfie stick you’ll need to start and stop recording via the smartphone app or with the Hero Remote Control, which will need to be purchased separately.
What do GoPro say about their Hero Sessions camera?
- Simple, grab-and-go operation with a compact, waterproof design and weight of just 2.6oz (74g), HERO Session is the perfect camera for first-time GoPro users.
- Easy one-button control. Just press the button once to power on the camera and it begins capturing video or photos automatically.
- Designed to withstand extreme environments and conditions, HERO Session is waterproof to 33′ (10m), no housing needed.
- Stunning GoPro video quality records stunning 1440p30, 1080p60 and 720p100 video.
- Powerful photo capture captures 8MP single photos, 10 fps burst photos and 0.5 to 60-second time-lapse photos.
Where can I find a video review for the GoPro Hero Sessions camera?
What are the Pros and Cons of the camera?
- Its very small and light, ideal for wearing.
- Excellent water resistance, without a need for a protective case.
- The GoPro Hero media transfer via WiFi is incredibly useful.
- The battery life is good, and you can use smartphone-like chargers to keep it topped up.
- The preview on your smartphone is prone to lagging.
- There is no 4k recording on this GoPro video camera.