Can Zepp give you a professional swing?
If you have ambitions of hitting a homerun you better learn how to bat like a pro. Whether you play little league or office softball Zepp thinks their analyzer will help sort out your swing, but is it the real deal? Let’s find out.
The Top Questions for the Zepp 3D Baseball Swing Analyzer?
What can the Zepp analyzer show?
The Zepp analyzer just records swing data, it is the smart device app or website that shows the data. What started out as raw data being shown in an app is now bolstered with a set of improvements giving you insight into how to improve your swing. Insight includes how to get more bat lag in your swing, how to max out your bat speed at impact and how to increase your chance of getting the bat into a hitting zone sooner.
How do you know what a perfect swing should look like?
The app has different swings to compare against ranging from high school to professional. Through the app, you’ll be guided by video and other insights into how to build a shorter and more compact swing for better pitches, how to stay inside the ball on swings and a whole host of visualizations. The more information you sync the more training programs the app will suggest.
Do you have to be connected to WiFi to use?
The sensor doesn’t need to be connected to WiFi to use. The sensor stores swing information and can be synced to your device whenever you’re ready. Just remember to turn the sensor on before use. To sync the sensor to a smart device Bluetooth is required.
Where can I find the official Zepp Video?
What does the red area on the swing plane represent?
When looking at your swing data the red area represents where contact with the ball was made. Obviously, if you don’t contact a ball there will be no red area.
Do you have to make contact with a ball for it to register?
You can practice your swing without a ball but to get the most out of the data you really need to try replicating as close to a real situation as possible. For example, a batting cage is a great location to use the Zepp analyzer. Without the balls impact, you can still find out bat speed and path.
Can the sensor and mount be easily switched between bats?
The sensor is incredibly easy to remove, it simply pops out the mount. The mount is much harder to swap for obvious reasons. It is possible to keep swapping out but there is a chance it could make the mount stretched and result in it being unusable after a long period of time.
Can the data collected be saved to my phone for future reference?
Yes, all data once synced to a smart device is stored. All this information is put onto a calendar and once stored it is easily shared between all your devices.
Can the Zepp be shared by a team?
Of course. You can set up numerous players in the app and, for the most part easily swap sensor and mounts.
How good is this for a Baseball coach?
Based on reviews and opinion, it’s great – almost essential. With the Zepp sensor and app, you can review data, evaluate progression and set swing goals for individuals. The app itself suggest professional training programs and gives a coach access to frame-by-frame swing breakdowns.
Do professionals use the Zepp Baseball 3D Swing Analyzer?
How much does the app cost?
It’s free and fully supported by Zepp. It is available via the Apple and Google Play stores.
Can I use this analyzer on a tennis racket?
Yes, you can. All you need to do is buy a tennis mount and download the Zepp tennis app to begin.
Does it come with the charger?
Of course, it is a USB charger which also allows you to sync to PC/Mac.
What do Zepp say about their analyzer?
- Replay and review your swing in 360° from any angle
- Track bat speed, swing plane, bat angles at impact and more
- Record and analyze your swing in HD video
- Compare your swing directly to Major Leaguers in both 3D and video
- Learn from Pro video swing analysis, training tips, and drills
- Includes Zepp sensor, bat mount, and apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android
- Easily attaches to any baseball or softball bat and wirelessly sends data to your smartphone or tablet after every swing
- Zepp sensor also works with Zepp Golf (glove mount required) and Zepp Tennis (racket mount required)
Where can I find a Zepp Baseball 3D Swing Analyzer review video?
What are the Pros and Cons of the Zepp Baseball 3D Swing Analyzer?
- The Zepp device is easy to setup, use and affordable at $99.
- The team behind Zepp are making strides to back up their sensor with training drills, goals, and video guides.
- The instant evaluation gives a real sense of progression by providing feedback and drills every 3-10 swings.
- Compare your baseball swing to the pros and visualize where you’re going wrong.
- Zepp continues to miss simple fixes to frustrating minor problems like a default batting set up.
- When you capture a video of a swing or download a professionals swing, there is no easy way to delete just the video. You have to delete the entire app each time.