Can Zepp really analyze my swing?
For anyone who has ever stepped up to the tee, looked down the fairway and wondered what it would be like to hit it like a pro, especially in front of your friends, work colleagues or even business acquaintances. Zepp thinks their analyzer will help sort out your swing, but is it the real deal? Let’s find out.
The Top Questions for the Zepp Golf 3D Swing Analyzer?
Do you need to hit a ball for it to work?
No, not at all. The Zepp golf swing analyzer fits onto your golfing glove and connects via Bluetooth to your smart device to track your swing. You don’t need to hit anything, you don’t even need to hold your club, although we do recommend it.
How useful is this for a low handicap golfer?
You might be a seasoned golfer but your game can always be improved via the analysis of Zepp. With the Zepp golf swing analyzer, you’ll be able to track each swing, identify any bad habits and really put their data to good use. Any improvement without analysis will end up as guesswork and it’s always better to know why something is going right or wrong, so you can build on it or correct.
Will it work if your grip is strong or weak?
The Zepp is all about your motion. What it does is record the position of your hand and hip in 3D space, which in turn provides a simulation for the club and impact. So if you want to find out how far back you take the club on the backswing, or if you want to slow down your pause this will give you the data needed. It is fantastic to use, but it won’t measure grip.
Where can I find the official Zepp Video?
How accurate is the swing speed?
It’s not 100% accurate. There is a 5-10% discrepancy between recorded speed and real world distance. Considering the low entry price of $99 and how nonrestrictive it is, we’d consider the Zepp as pretty accurate in its results.
Does it show if the club face was open or closed when hitting a ball?
No. It only shows the club plane, not whether the club is open or closed on impact.
Does the Zepp Golf Swing Analyzer tell me what to do with the data?
Yes, but it’s not perfect. In fact, this is the weakest part of the entire experience – understanding and working with the data. To Zepp’s credit, they are improving this, there is a host of training videos from Rick Smith explaining how to fix problems and you can use Zepp Insights which provides a weekly report (based on swings captured). Each report will include a drill on how to improve. Zepp has also said they are adding more features that will turn data into actions.
Can two or more people share this?
Yes. You can make multiple user accounts on one device. There is even a team mode where a coach can add multiple users to an account. The great thing is two people who don’t even share the same sport can use this. For instance, the Zepp can be used for baseball or tennis just by changing the mount. The key thing to know is that the Zepp isn’t locked to you, it only syncs to your smart device and it’s open for anyone to use.
Is it easy to attach to the glove?
Firstly, you don’t get a glove so you’ll need to attach it to your golfing glove to use. The mount is included, and it’s a very simple clip that attaches to the glove and the Zepp sensor fit into the velcro mount. It is very lightweight and almost unnoticeable.
Does the Zepp work with left-hand users?
Of course, it does. You just need to wear the glove and clip on your left hand and put the smartphone in your left hip pocket. You then just select whether the user is left or right handed in the free app.
How easy is the Zepp Golf 3D Swing Analyzer to use?
Does it work well with both Android and iOS smart devices?
Yes, you can use the Zepp with both Android 4.3 and above, or iOS 8.0 and above. This means iPhone’s 5 or higher. The key thing to know is that without WiFi you cannot watch the training videos, but can use the real-time data analysis.
How long does the battery last?
In testing, it lasted for almost two full rounds of golf, that or a similar amount of practice sessions. This could be anywhere between 6 and 8 hours. To charge, it requires around two hours to fully charge.
What do you get in the box?
You get the Zepp device, mounting clip, instructions and a charger. You do not get a golf glove.
What do Zepp say about their analyzer?
- Replay and review your swing in 360° from any angle
- Track club head speed, swing plane, hand path, tempo, backswing position, hip rotation and more
- Record and analyze your swing in HD video
- Compare your swing directly to PGA Tour Pros in 3D and video
- Learn from Pro video swing analysis, training tips, and drills
- Includes Zepp sensor, glove mount, and apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android
- Easily attaches to golf glove and wirelessly sends data to your smartphone or tablet after every swing
- Zepp sensor also works with Zepp Baseball (bat mount required) and Zepp Tennis (racket mount required)
- Compatibility – golf |iOS – iOS 8.0+, iPhone 5+, iPod Touch 5+, and iPad 2+, Android – OS 4.3+
Where can I find a Zepp Golf 3D Swing Analyzer review video?
What are the Pros and Cons of the Zepp Golf 3D Swing Analyzer?
- The Zepp device is light, easy to setup and has a great price point of $99.
- The swing analyzer works amazingly, whether it improves your game is up to you.
- Zepp is proactive and cares about their product, supporting it with new and needed features.
- It’s flexible, you can easily swap the mount and use the Zepp Analyzer for baseball or tennis.
- The data is clear, but what do you do with it? This is something Zepp is fixing.
- Why can’t we export the data or view it on a larger screen?